Friday, October 18, 2019

A bit of a teaser, the process of making queer angles.

In my quest to make my own canvas in the shapes I wanted to I struggled a lot.
Panels can be easily made into any shape, yet larger panels can warp,
as well a hanging a panel on the wall is hard, especially with the stas system at expositions.

Thus I returned to canvas frames.
Yet it is very hard finding such in any other angles then 90 degree ones, straight angles.

I consider this limiting and a little boring.
Thus three of my new works will be on canvas in which half in not all of the angles will be less or more then 90 degree angles.

This is quite something since both the saw I have as well as the canvas frames they sell, even those you can put together yourself are not made for such alternative angles.

Thus it took some adapting and can assure you that finally I got it to work.

Here some teaser of the process.




Yeah my table was quite messy, it is better now. Had to make more room on the table for applying boneglue and gesso. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment